Recipe Categories : | Seafood
| Snapper | Cajun
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/8 tspn thyme
- 2 tbsp tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 6 slices bread, soaked in water
- 1/8 tspn sage
- 1 large (6 lb ) red snapper, cleaned
for red snapper sauce :
- ¾ cup salad oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tspn salt
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
Preparation and Cooking Instructions :
- Sauté celery in butter until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients except fish and sauce; blend well, then
stuff into cavity of fish.
- Sew cavity closed or secure with toothpicks.
- Bake uncovered in buttered ovenproof serving dish in preheated 350°F
oven (allow 10 minutes per pound), basting with sauce.
- For red snapper sauce : Combine all ingredients. Cooks note : Sauce
can be made in advance