Recipe Categories : | Duck
| Cajun | Sauces
| MAIN INDEX |
Serves : 12
- 2½ lb wild duck breasts
- 3 cups Chablis wine
- 1 cup olive oil (for roux)
- 3 cups plain flour (for roux)
- ½ tspn dried mint, crushed
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 11 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups green onions, chopped
- 6 tspn Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 cups parsley, chopped
- 5 tspn salt
- 1½ cups water
- 1 lb andouille, sliced ¼" thick (or use smoked sausage)
- 2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
Preparation and Cooking Instructions :
- Brown off duck breasts in some olive oil.
- Make a roux with oil and flour. Add onions, bell pepper, green onions,
and parsley to roux. Stir and cook over a medium heat.
- Add one cup water and garlic. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Add wine
and ½ cup water. Add other seasonings and tomato sauce. Mix well.
Add andouille (or smoked sausage) and duck breasts. Stir to mix through.
- Simmer on low heat for 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Add more
salt and cayenne to your taste. Serve over spaghetti or rice.