Recipe Categories : | Burgers
| Turkey | Sauces
Serves : 4 Preparation
time : 30-40 minutes Cooking time
: 20 minutes
- For spiced Cranberry sauce : 20g butter
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tspn honey
- ¼ tspn mixed spice
- ½ tspn ground ginger
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce
- 1 tspn balsamic vinegar
For Turkey burger :
- 500g turkey breast fillets
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- oil for flying
- 1 sourdough bread loaf or ryebread
- mignonette lettuce for serving
- 8 thin slices mozzarella cheese
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- To make spiced cranberry sauce : Heat butter in small pan,
add onion. Cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until soft. Stir in
honey, spice and ginger; cook 1 more minute. Add cranberry sauce and
vinegar. Simmer gently 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- To make burger : Trim turkey of excess fat and sinew; chop
roughly. Place turkey in food processor and process 20-30 seconds or
until finely chopped. Combine in large bowl with chives, egg, garlic,
salt, pepper and breadcrumbs. Mix with wetted hands until well combined.
Divide mixture into 4 and shape into patties.
- Heat a small amount of oil in large heavy-based frying pan. Cook patties
over medium heat 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
Drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
- Cut bread loaf into 8 slices and lightly toast and butter if desired.
Place 4 slices on serving plates. On each side place lettuce leaves,
a patty, cheese, spiced cranberry sauce and finally a piece of toast.