Recipe Categories : | Chinese
| Shrimp | Seafood
| Peas | Chestnuts
| MAIN INDEX |
Serves : 6
- ½ lb shrimp, peeled and split
- ½ cup water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 tbsp wine, pref. dry sherry
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- oil for stir frying
- ½ tspn cornstarch dissolved in ½ cup water or stock
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- ½ lb snowpeas, stems and string removed
Preparation and Cooking Instructions :
- Toss shrimp with salt, add wine and marinate 20 minute to several
hours. Drain shrimp and reserve marinade.
- Heat wok on high heat, add oil. Add ginger, stir-fry until fragrant
and add shrimp. Stir-fry until shrimp are opaque, 2 to 4 minutes depending
- Add snow peas and water chestnuts; stir-fry until just heated through.
- Add reserved marinade, soy sauce and cornstarch mixture. Bring to
boil and cook until sauce thickens. Serve immediately.