Fillet Steaks in Madeira sauce ~ Tournedos Rossini
Recipe Categories : | French
| Beef | Steak |
Main Recipe Index |
Serves : 6
- 60g butter
- 125g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 x 125g can pâté de foie, cut into 2.5cm rounds
- 4 tbsp Madeira
- salt and pepper
- 1 x 400g can artichoke hearts
- 6 fillet steaks, 2.5cm thick
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Melt half the butter in a pan, add the mushrooms and fry until golden.
Transfer to a heatproof dish with the pâté. Spoon over half the Madeira
and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place over a pan of hot water
to heat through gently. Heat the artichokes in a small pan, then drain.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper to taste. Melt the remaining
butter in a pan, add the steaks and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side,
according to taste.
- Arrange the artichoke hearts and steaks on a warmed serving dish.
Spoon over the mushrooms, the liquor and remaining Madeira. Place a
slice of pâté on each steak and serve immediately, with a selection