Crab salad with spinach and sweetcorn
Recipe Categories : | Salads
| Crab | Seafood
| Spinach |
Serves : 6
- 8 oz fresh spinach, stemmed and washed
- 5½ oz fresh sweetcorn kernels, or frozen kernels, thawed
- 1 lb white crab meat, picked over
- 1 tomato, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp creamy yogurt dressing
- cayenne pepper
- pinch salt
- 1 red-leaf lettuce, washed and dried.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Put the spinach, with just the water that clings to the leaves, in
a pan. Cover the pan and steam the spinach over medium heat until it
wilts. Drain the spinach; when cool squeeze it to remove the excess
liquid, and chop the spinach coarsely.
- If you are using fresh sweetcorn, pour enough water into a saucepan
to fill about 1" deep. Set a vegetable steamer in the pan and bring
the water to the boil. Place the sweetcorn kernels in the steamer, cover
the saucepan, and steam the sweetcorn until it is tender - about 4 minutes.
(Thawed frozen sweetcorn requires no cooking).
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, sweetcorn, crab meat, tomato
and vinegar. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Shortly before assembling the salad, whisk together the yogurt dressing,
a pinch of cayenne pepper and the salt. Pour the dressing over the salad
and toss well. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving platter. Mound
the salad on the leaves and serve immediately.